From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Parachute Modules maybe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had a cool idea, don't know whether anyone already mentioned it. A parachute module for missiles would be useful for aerial mines (anti airship/aircraft) and also good for keeping radar buoys and flares in the air for a while. It would add a bit more versatility to missiles maybe.
It's a very good idea.
Sounds cool, I could see a balloon module that works like the ballast. Reverse depth charges!
Yea, this would be really cool. If we had parachutes it would be cool to have a really bright flare option too, so you could actually make parachute flares that would be useful at night. Would probably need acb options for detecting the day\night cycle too.
I like it a lot. More balanced than balloon missiles too, since it will still slowly sink.
Would be interesting. Note that if you want a similar effect now, a variable thruster at its lowest setting will keep a missile near-stationary--it is not enough thrust to move the missile far itself, but having an active thruster exempts a missile from gravity.