From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Content Copy/for From the depths Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently working on smaller Custom Jets to inorder to make "to scale" jets perform more realistic without having to use jet stacking, drag-less wings, ect in order to perform.

I am currently only using the in-game Mod system and creating duplicates of Nicks Custom Jets then manipulating them to different dimensions with new/or borrowed (from in-game content) meshs. Is this allowed? Do i need to bother with a license when I am not writing any code myself and only modifying what is already in-game? I have attached a screen shot of my early work.

I look forward to your replies.
I want smaller custom jets (possibly some bigger ones aswell) for quite some time now Big Grin
Yes you are allowed to use the textures and code of the game you're modding in, at least, it would make sense if it is like that Tongue
Still working out a few bugs with them, but the release should be some time today. Currently You will have 1x1x5 meter combustion chambers (rest blocks are 1x1x1 m) and you will also have 2x2x3 meter Combustion chambers with the Exhaust set to push in-between so that even block jets will be more effective. Reasoning for 1x1x5 is that combustion chambers gain power really fast based on length (number of them connected) and I want these jets strong, but not OP and replace normal size jets for larger vehicles. The increased length will limit how many you have inline in small jets.

Example: small jet 3xcombustion, 1 exh, 1 controller, 12xinjectors = 27k (if i remember right) thrust taking 29m total volume
Normal Jet with same output occupy 57m.

Early on small jet wins power to space ratio, but by the time you start pushing 56k thrust you will see the larger jets by passing thrust to space ratio.

The mod again should be released some time this evening, I am also hoping to included the modded wing blocks (looooooks way better than normal blocks).

P.S. This is my main account, new pc and could not remember the password and was at work at time i posted original thread.
Could you make a floatation propulsion which woks like a hovercraft trying to keep distance?
Also a non-modular but switchable ineffective fuel generator?

I was nice, Santa - please?
I suspect that inorder to implement a simple generator that I would need to be able to code assuming your intention is a single 1mx1mx1m block. At this time I have no intention of doing any actual code because I am not very good at it, and my Mechanical Engineering classes take up what time i do have thats left over after work.

Not sure what your asking in regards to the hover craft, some description or example would allow be to better determine if I can do it through the mod editor.

Mod is currently up now so any discussion in regards to this mod should take place there.

Best,

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=36605