From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: [2.17devtest] ACB advance cannon glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
heya! so i been working on ways to stagger my advance cannon setups, and while i was playing around, i noticed a... odd behaviour.

alright, so i was expirimenting with the new ACB system, and did the following:

activate on timer > weapon systems > fire

then.. i noticed one of my cannons wasnt firing... unless i aimed with it
i already tried it with another cannon...

setting a ACB to fire weapons with their firing delay above 0 will cause the cannon to only fire when its being aimed!. even setting its firing delay to 0.01 will make ACB's unable to fire that weapon

sorry for the lack of details, i am still expirimenting with it.... while its convient for my situation, i dont think its intentional :3

when i get more time to play around, ill see if i can get more details
EDIT: uploaded a video showing off the bug to youtube. hope it helps! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg59MD4c...e=youtu.be
Could you post the blueprint demonstrating the problem?
As you wish~ here is the blueprint:
Thanks for the blueprint, I have reproduced the bug and added it to my todo list.
Is it possible to add it as a toggable option?.... I am trying to create staggering firing cannons with multiple firing pieces, and so far, this looks the most promising and simple way to do it~ And im sure there are more people with this issue

Or is there a change or addition planned to easly allow cram and advance cannons to stagger fire from each other?... Sowwy if im asking so much offtopic, but seeing as i can finally speak to a developer, i would love to ask that question! :3
(2018-06-04, 02:26 PM)Kitty Soldier Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add it as a toggable option?.... I am trying to create staggering firing cannons with multiple firing pieces, and so far, this looks the most promising and simple way to do it~ And im sure there are more people with this issue
I'm not sure I understand what could be made optional.
There is a bug which forces the player to aim so that an ACB can fire an APS gun, that needs to be fixed.

(2018-06-04, 02:26 PM)Kitty Soldier Wrote: [ -> ]Or is there a change or addition planned to easly allow cram and advance cannons to stagger fire from each other?... Sowwy if im asking so much offtopic, but seeing as i can finally speak to a developer, i would love to ask that question! :3
There's nothing planned for that.

But, if you use ACB to fire, you can use an ACB to turn on/off other ACBs.
That way you can turn on an ACB only when a group of weapons has fired, and if you put a delay on the ACB (not the weapons), then you may be able to obtain what you want.
Of course it would need some tweaking here and there, but it should work in the end.
Fixed for the next release.
Could you also fix the bug where you cannot use capslock to follow a shot with a delay, like I normally do on CRAMs (to get rid of the 0.1* from min accuracy) and on any hidden weapons. It is really annoying for testing and even just any sort of player control.

Sorry for posting it here, but this is somewhat similar and it's been around a long time and I would be more likely to get you to definitely notice it here.
(2018-07-13, 03:08 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: [ -> ]Could you also fix the bug where you cannot use capslock to follow a shot with a delay, like I normally do on CRAMs (to get rid of the 0.1* from min accuracy) and on any hidden weapons. It is really annoying for testing and even just any sort of player control.

Sorry for posting it here, but this is somewhat similar and it's been around a long time and I would be more likely to get you to definitely notice it here.

I will take a look, but now guarantee, I do not know how CAPS locks works to follow a shell.
The biggest problem is that I'm not sure how to distinguish a manual delayed fire from an automatic delayed fire, because when the shell is fired the information is long lost.
(2018-07-13, 03:08 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: [ -> ]Could you also fix the bug where you cannot use capslock to follow a shot with a delay, like I normally do on CRAMs (to get rid of the 0.1* from min accuracy) and on any hidden weapons. It is really annoying for testing and even just any sort of player control.

It's been a bit tricky, but I think I got it, it should work as expected for the next release.
Pages: 1 2