From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Buff CRAMs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dunno but it seems that CRAMs aren't that competitive because of 2 reasons:
Slow shell speed
Too faking expensive
(Maybe slow reload but that's the point of CRAMs)

So how about making the max speed 300mps instead of 200, and reducing the cost of components?
But they have catastrophic damage when hit.
I think it'd be better to adjust things like evasion and LAMs rather than just give CRAMs more damage or projectile velocity or what have you. The core problem with CRAMs is that they are very good against big, slow things with lots of armor. But big, slow things with lots of armor (I.E proper ships, not speedboats or flyers), are total garbage and don't NEED a counter, because armor sucks and evasion and LAMs is king. Meaning that CRAMs are basically just a counter to this games scrub teir, which is so weak as to not be worth worrying too much about and making a proper counter to.
Crams are not explosive compared to APS HE(SH|AT| ) at high gauge.
(2018-05-26, 06:55 AM)Fernir Wrote: [ -> ]Crams are not explosive compared to APS HE(SH|AT| ) at high gauge.

I have the opposite experience, CRAM explosions are huge compared to the tiny APS explosions.
Which means that even near-miss will do some damage (useful against shields).

The thing is, you can probably pack more HE with APS because of the RoF, which may give the impression that APS HE is more powerful.
I haven't done the math, but it is entirely possible that CRAM have less DPS.
That said, their explosion radius probably makes them better at going through multi-layered-shields.

CRAM do have one recent advantage: bombs.
The bomb chute has been fixed, so it now has a lot of advantages:
- no recoil
- nearly undetectable, so LAMS will have nearly no time to react
- very precise (you can even make it less precise if you want to spread a bit the bombs)
- do not explode at launch anymore (if the bomb chute mouth is free of course)

CRAM bombers can be devastating now.
I dont think this is a good idea, CRAM's stomps non dodging units. Making them better will only hurt those who are already weak.

CRAM's on AoTe are prime example, if you do get hit, half of your vehicle will go missing and theres little you can do about it except to turn your tank to racing car.

CRAM shells also have tons of health compared to AC, meaning interception by LAMS is much harder and will cost much more energy.
(2018-05-26, 07:27 AM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think this is a good idea, CRAM's stomps non dodging units. Making them better will only hurt those who are already weak.

CRAM's on AoTe are prime example, if you do get hit, half of your vehicle will go missing and theres little you can do about it except to turn your tank to racing car.

CRAM shells also have tons of health compared to AC, meaning interception by LAMS is much harder and will cost much more energy.

I agree, especially for AoTe as you said.
Because units are too small to withstand most CRAM shell, even a near-miss may have catastrophic results.
And it's easier to throw large CRAMs than to have a LAMS system able to defend against them.
I'm not even sure that you can really have a large enough LAMS system while still have some weapons on an AoTe vehicle.

It simply means that CRAM shouldn't be used against fast targets.
And against very large targets with heavy LAMS you'll have to find a way to saturate the LAMS so the CRAM shells can do their job.
Its borderline impossible to cram useful LAM's system to a 2k volume. You either need overly expensive tank that cannot have its own weapon systems, meaning that if the reinforcement systems fucks you up, you put a tank that cannot fight the enemy, that will get obliterated if even a single round slips. And most battles are a mess of missiles and tank shells flying through the air. And since AI is dumb as a stump, friendly fire happens. When i play AoTe i just create Napolean era firing lines and just pelt the enemy units with hundreds of shells

[Image: 0OzkHkR.jpg]

Theres soo much projectiles, short engagement distances, small sizes, it makes CRAM'S a weapon of fear... if the AI could actually aim it properly, but majority of campaign tanks are racing cars, moving 3 or 4x faster than my tanks while having superior damage capabilities and durability. (Just look at the Onyx Watch behemoths and how fast they are for their size !)
(2018-05-26, 07:12 AM)Gladyon Wrote: [ -> ]CRAM do have one recent advantage: bombs.
The bomb chute has been fixed, so it now has a lot of advantages:
- no recoil
- nearly undetectable, so LAMS will have nearly no time to react
- very precise (you can even make it less precise if you want to spread a bit the bombs)
- do not explode at launch anymore (if the bomb chute mouth is free of course)

CRAM bombers can be devastating now.

Although, I didn't use CRAM bomb before, but APS also can do like bombing.

use rail magnet and put tons of 2m autoloader on a 500mm AC. Don't need any gun powder on shell means no cool down time.

It can drop a "line" of shell direct cut a ship in half...

CRAM cannon somewhat need a change. I think combine PAC to CRAM may make sense because PAC could use pellets cramming it particle.
Gladyon I meant how they blow up when destroyed.
Pages: 1 2