From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Higher variety in the lenghts of APS parts-when?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so as a mad (and quite good) APS-tetriser myself, I have always wondered why there are no 5m and 7m APS loaders and shell racks. Is it because they got forgotten in the long process of development, because of never-ending decimals, or something else? In all honesty, I would love to see 5 and 7m autoloaders and clips just because of the higher variety they would be capable of bringing into the dark world of APS tetris. It is a little change, but a very welcome one at that. If this could be extended to the other party that might be a little left out, the recoil absorber, it could bring around more systems with overall better feel for people who are new to tetrising.
Another thing that would be a welcome addition in my opinion would be the 3m, 5m and 7m recoil absorber. Or are there some unforeseen technical constraints?
In my opinion we should leave longer parts alone as that could in certain cases break the balance (Yes, I am looking at you, autoloader length multiplier for loading times and recoil absorption capacity).
So to summarize: Is it possible to add a 5m and a 7m autoloader+shell racks and 3m, 5m and 7m recoil absorbers? Any constructive feedback from other forum users would of course be greatly appreciated.
Every extra part increases loadtimes, extra block shapes are less intensive than components, with the triplanar shader being used for the procedural blocks the extra shapes will probably come in later as well as more deco blocks finally. Odd numbered lengths would be behind beamed components that are applicable.

Stuff like 3m absorbers would be perfect for a mod to fill in for those who really want them, but I doubt they will make it to stable FTD.
(2018-05-21, 03:15 AM)khaz Wrote: [ -> ]Every extra part increases loadtimes, extra block shapes are less intensive than components, with the triplanar shader being used for the procedural blocks the extra shapes will probably come in later as well as more deco blocks finally. Odd numbered lengths would be behind beamed components that are applicable.

Stuff like 3m absorbers would be perfect for a mod to fill in for those who really want them, but I doubt they will make it to stable FTD.

Thanks for your feedback. I will probably try to add a mod like that if I get the time to understand how the hell do the different modifiers work... Then again, cross-patch compatibility might be an issue.... But I stand by my original point: Adding these 5 parts (And remember, the loaders have the same texture, recoil absorbers as well) would not be a drastic change, but a welcome one at that. Simply because there is a huge lack of odd-number-long parts in the APS weapon category. (I could go on about the additions of longer barrels in one of the last patches and how maybe railgun magnets need the same treatment, but I found the loaders and recoil absorbers much more necessary and honestly easier to implement from my point of view)
While having them is good , i am pretty sure there were some complications since we do have a 3m but no 5m or 7m.
New APS parts are always welcome, especialy new autoloaders sizes
Definitely yes.
Also remove see-thru ammo clips, and convert them into their static pairs.
Maybe also the double reload rate 2*3*1 3m shell rack? (or any meters of a mostly unused length)
(2018-05-21, 01:11 PM)Normal69 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely yes.
Maybe also the double reload rate 2*3*1 3m shell rack? (or any meters of a mostly unused length)

Some use see-thru clips, I think, probably for testing.

Why the heck would you double the reload for those clip sizes? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I would like the new parts, especially the recoil absorbers.
(2018-05-21, 01:11 PM)Normal69 Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely yes.

Please dont remove the see-through clips! They sometimes make nice windows and portholes.
While having 5 and 7m APS parts is nice and dandy, I think it should not be high on the list of things that need to be implemented. As already proposed, maybe a mod can fill in your needs.

To be honest, I cannot think of any APS component that NEEDS another size, except maybe a 'lightweight' APS firing piece, with 1/2 or 1/3 its original diameter, so it will finally look good on small deck guns.

Oh, and maybe a guage increaser-class part that allows mounting additional ammo inputs? But that is another story.
What are the throughts about the split gauge increaser be able to link from any side, rather than just the middle of the splitter. It doesnt seem like it would make Advance Cannons that more powerful, while it would make tetrising a bit easier, especially in crammed designs, woth curves and bends that would otherwise require more split gauge increasers, taking up precious blocks where a cooler could be sitting for example :3
(2018-06-01, 05:49 AM)Kitty Soldier Wrote: [ -> ]What are the throughts about the split gauge increaser be able to link from any side, rather than just the middle of the splitter. It doesnt seem like it would make Advance Cannons that more powerful, while it would make tetrising a bit easier, especially in crammed designs, woth curves and bends that would otherwise require more split gauge increasers, taking up precious blocks where a cooler could be sitting for example :3

Personally in favor, because that T joint is a pita =]
It may very well affect balance, because it could allow for more efficient designs to be compacted further. Probably not too much though, since you still have the volume\weight of the blocks anyway.
Pages: 1 2