From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Case ejectors (again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know, this has been suggested before.
And yes i've read all those threads but at the time they were submitted most computers were on par with a calculator and i feel like modern day computers (even normal ones) should be able to handle this feature.

As the title says, my suggestion would be a system that let's you eject shell casings after firing for either an aesthetic purpose or an actual purpose.
I saw one or more comments saying it could help with cooling wich would be a nice addition although in some cases it might not be such a good idea.
Another comment i saw was simply integrating them with the ammo injectors in game, however this i'm not a huge fan of seeing that they serve different purposes and i'm not sure if any stock ships use these.

And for those of you who still complain about lag? What about a button in the graphics settings that would just turn off the shells being rendered.

I hope this feature get's added because i love the sound of shells hitting the deck!

Greetings,

TheAngryCaptain

Link to previous threads:

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=25099

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=15655
Shell ejector is the wrong term, because we already have shell ejectors we put on autoloaders, so when they get destroyed instead of blowing up, they get ejected somewhere.

You're asking for Case ejectors, or Just cases in general.

the game is not fond of that many Visual effects you have to remember, We dont even have things like dirt explosions or water cavitation Smile
(2018-04-02, 04:12 PM)Skyer Wrote: [ -> ]Shell ejector is the wrong term, because we already have shell ejectors we put on autoloaders, so when they get destroyed instead of blowing up, they get ejected somewhere.

You're asking for Case ejectors, or Just cases in general.

the game is not fond of that many Visual effects you have to remember, We dont even have things like dirt explosions or water cavitation Smile

Hi Skyer!

Sorry that i used the wrong word, it has since been corrected.

and about the performance, i know that the game isn't particularily fond of visual effects, therefore simply turning it off would be a great option, but when you have a GTX 1080 performance isn't your biggest concern Smile

Greetings,

TheAngryCaptain
It might be nice for aesthetic reasons, but most guns other than some AA and tiny direct input deck guns have too much armor for casings to be ejected. It would be a great decorative addition though if the devs care for adding those things.
(2018-04-02, 04:52 PM)MizarLuke Wrote: [ -> ]It might be nice for aesthetic reasons, but most guns other than some AA and tiny direct input deck guns have too much armor for casings to be ejected. It would be a great decorative addition though if the devs care for adding those things.

Hi MizarLuke!

It would be nice if it could have an impact on cooldown, wich means you can choose to remove something else for the benefit of this(pros and cons situation) but it could be placed connected to the adv firing piece, look at for example the MK45 mod 4, this piece has it's ejection port above the gun barrel, and some other pieces have it under the barrel, if you think that's crazy then look at the swedish strf90 wich ejects its casings straight out the top. Placement would not be an issue, just a new way to be a little more creative.

Greetings,
TheAngryCaptain