From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Effectiveness of limiting fire rate of laser using weapon controller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just realized you can limit the laser's fire rate using a weapon controller. This means you can have the efficiency of 4 q switch and high damage per shot.

Has anyone tried this before and is it worthwhile?
I did it once long ago, it was ok for a small laser system, now you could get more of it with the 3x3 cavity and 3m pumps.
There's actually one unit in the campaign I designed which uses a charged laser system. A tutorial was posted here outlining how to do it.
It's no longer more efficient to use 4Q versus 1Q - any number of Q switches double efficiency compared to continuous. Setting a longer time between shots means you can have higher damage per shot if you have enough storage capacity, as long as you're using Q switches at all - and more Q switches need much more storage / destabilization than fewer do.

Limiting rate of fire with continuous gets weird since continuous normally fires once per frame. (Note: Not always 40 times per second if your game ever slows down.) The behavior in such a case is unpredictable and usually not feasible.
I use the firerate-limit in the actual laser beam producer block.
Funny, if you use continous laser, it will create a shotgun-effect, 20-40 laser shots fired at the same time, then the wait.
(2018-01-17, 10:45 AM)BioPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]It's no longer more efficient to use 4Q versus 1Q - any number of Q switches double efficiency compared to continuous.

Wow that is great news.