From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Ressources : Mining the ground (really)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i got this idea for a while now, but maybe we could have like a certain campain where we would have to manage every aspect of our base , like mining for exemple ?
We would basically have to
1) break the ground (with drill , ingame ressource harvester,..)
2) transport the material mined into a refinery
3)add material to the material pool

it would leave a really huge choice of how to do it, effienctly, faster, ...in a Space Engineer way. I hope you'll find this idea at least interesting Smile
Uh, whats exactly the point of this ?

You can build bases around RZ, nothing stops you from wasting resources for fuckall in strategic value wise. If you think you dont have enough resources, you could open the editor and tweak them to your liking, since we are talking about land i expect you to be talking about AoTe, yeah, more resources could be useful but its still manageable in the current state.

And also, doing mining quickly is irrelevant for two reasons
1) Theres a capped growth of resources, its very easy to hit the cap and you will be getting the bare minimum out of the zone
2) AI is way too passive, it leaves you alone, it cannot become a calamity in late game in offensive (Like it doesn't amass +400 FP army if you let it). AI is only dangerous to player in the first few hours, but in most campaigns AI doesnt blitzkrieg you, you usually have some breathing room and some kind of warning.

Nothing stops you though in playing some land campaign the way you like, by building bases and having things like trucks hauling stuff around.
(2017-11-22, 08:52 PM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]Uh, whats exactly the point of this ?

You can build bases around RZ, nothing stops you from wasting resources for fuckall in strategic value wise. If you think you dont have enough resources, you could open the editor and tweak them to your liking, since we are talking about land i expect you to be talking about AoTe, yeah, more resources could be useful but its still manageable in the current state.

And also, doing mining quickly is irrelevant for two reasons
1) Theres a capped growth of resources, its very easy to hit the cap and you will be getting the bare minimum out of the zone
2) AI is way too passive, it leaves you alone, it cannot become a calamity in late game in offensive (Like it doesn't amass +400 FP army if you let it). AI is only dangerous to player in the first few hours, but in most campaigns AI doesnt blitzkrieg you, you usually have some breathing room and some kind of warning.

Nothing stops you though in playing some land campaign the way you like, by building bases and having things like trucks hauling stuff around.
It's t oadd a bit of coolness to the game, having like, real minerals and processing, as nearly everything in the game is customizable and you can make it better by spending time thinking, tinkering on it
But materials is just 1)check mineral growth 2) put mineral
collector
It's not a matter of getting more minerals, it's a matter of making the game as customizable as possible, it's like, the main appeal of the game no ... ? sorry if i misspelled what i wanted to say in the previous post
(2017-11-22, 10:18 PM)Linkdeous Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-22, 08:52 PM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not a matter of getting more minerals, it's a matter of making the game as customizable as possible, it's like, the main appeal of the game no ... ? sorry if i misspelled what i wanted to say in the previous post

What aint broken dont fix it.
Adding more complexity just for the sake of it is bad idea.
If you want more RZ's = more resources, go ask Majyst, or add them for yourself. Most of us board what we can anyway so we are swimming in thousands of materials anyway.
I understad what You mean Linkdeos, i wouldnt mind this kind of system just the problem is that you would need to break the game to achieve it its not that important either
(2017-11-23, 09:18 AM)Skyer Wrote: [ -> ]I understad what You mean Linkdeos, i wouldnt mind this kind of system just the problem is that you would need to break the game to achieve it its not that important either

Yeah i know it would be like, really hard to implement without having to modify a lot of the game.. I will maybe try to make this a mod but yeah it was just a idea
The resource gathering system is one of the few things which is just a single component instead of a customizable system. It would require a lot of change to the resource system, but I think it would be a nice addition to the game. However, there are a few things we need more now, like strategic AI and some bug fixes.