From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Campaign start - multiple declarations of war?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just started a new campaign to test some stuff out - waited out the initial hour so I could knock a couple of tanks up but on the hour as I got the DWG declaration of war - OW and LH also declared? I didn't even open the diplomacy menu beforehand. This seems a little unfair :p

Is this a new feature of one of the sliders, or just a random bug? Edit: reloaded from -5min to declaration & ran it on normal time - this time just DWG declared thankfully, maybe it was going past an hour on x10?
Its an intentional feature, a faction has x chance to want your head after set number of time. (Doesnt repeat, if x faction failed to become hostile to you, you are safe for the rest of the save file)

Save scum till only one faction declared war on you and continue on, preferably Gypsies.

Particularity you should evade war with SE,TG and OW as they are quite brutal and relentless as you dont have much resources to make anything reasonable to fight them off.
My first ( and only so far ) playthrough ended up fighting SS second by accident, which was actually pretty fun ( especially on max reinforce! ) but 3 factions out of the gate is a little mad. Oddly though tiles are not spawning any forces despite having a force count - the count just goes away & I get the tile - meanwhile the bases are spawning forces at an insane rate. Very strange campaign.
Suggestion, after some consideration:

Instead of randomizing who attacks you after the first hour - pretty much everyone just reloads until they get DWG only - how about randomizing the faction relationships so declaring on one might drag another faction in? obviously you'd have to make the relationships actually mean something as well.
But that wont solve much, everyone will want to fight Gipsies first anyway and they have no allies if i remember correctly.
(2017-11-29, 12:45 PM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]But that wont solve much, everyone will want to fight Gipsies first anyway and they have no allies if i remember correctly.

You could weight it so you don't get SE & WF allied for instance, however one run some factions could have better relationships than others. The RNG element is a fun idea, it's just in the wrong place right now, I think.
(2017-11-29, 02:08 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-29, 12:45 PM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]But that wont solve much, everyone will want to fight Gipsies first anyway and they have no allies if i remember correctly.
The RNG element is a fun idea, it's just in the wrong place right now, I think.

That wont solve anything then Huh it will lead to just more save scumming

This just switches the RNG war declaration to RNG relationships, only difference will be that people will have to save scum for longer time till they get a favourable outcome
(2017-11-29, 04:22 PM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]That wont solve anything then Huh it will lead to just more save scumming

This just switches the RNG war declaration to RNG relationships, only difference will be that people will have to save scum for longer time till they get a favourable outcome

Well, ish - you'd have to reroll the entire campaign which is a little more motivation to make do with what you have than just reloading the last minute or two. The problem I have with the current arrangement is you can't plan for it *at all*, you just don't have resources to do more than either dig in with no offense, or build cheese. If you know the entire NW of the map is going to come at you *later* then you can at least make a plan & leave them alone for now. And that plan is maybe going to be different to the last run ( although tbh, "building a lot of tanks" is the answer to anything ).
I know its kinda necro, but I have exactly the same problem with this campaign.

I wander, if there is a way to switch off this random war declaration thing by editing some game files. Or the only way is to start this campaign several dozen times to avoid being in an unwinnable situation?
(2017-12-16, 11:30 PM)abalazs Wrote: [ -> ]I know its kinda necro, but I have exactly the same problem with this campaign.

I wander, if there is a way to switch off this random war declaration thing by editing some game files. Or the only way is to start this campaign several dozen times to avoid being in an unwinnable situation?

Save at 59m & reload the save.
Pages: 1 2