From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Roadmap & Features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Meaning simple weapon turrets?
I wasn't sure where to ask this, but since it is mentioned in the lore for the Hornet SS plane, I was wondering if shotguns were a planned feature?
(2015-06-29, 09:48 PM)Nine-Eyes Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't sure where to ask this, but since it is mentioned in the lore for the Hornet SS plane, I was wondering if shotguns were a planned feature?

There is a planned custom cannons overhaul in the future that is meant to have customisable shells, so perhaps the ability to create buckshot shells will be a feature in that but we'll have to see.

I think the Hornet "flying shotgun" thing is just referring to its shape as having two big barrels and the fact that the plane is essentially built around its guns (ie it's a flying gun a la A-10 Warthog), rather than the guns being built into a plane chassis that was built beforehand. Would be interesting if its cannons actually were shotguns after the cannon overhaul, but I don't know how effective it would be in comparison to its current machineguns.
(2015-06-30, 12:56 AM)killkill85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-29, 09:48 PM)Nine-Eyes Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't sure where to ask this, but since it is mentioned in the lore for the Hornet SS plane, I was wondering if shotguns were a planned feature?

There is a planned custom cannons overhaul in the future that is meant to have customisable shells, so perhaps the ability to create buckshot shells will be a feature in that but we'll have to see.

I think the Hornet "flying shotgun" thing is just referring to its shape as having two big barrels and the fact that the plane is essentially built around its guns (ie it's a flying gun a la A-10 Warthog), rather than the guns being built into a plane chassis that was built beforehand. Would be interesting if its cannons actually were shotguns after the cannon overhaul, but I don't know how effective it would be in comparison to its current machineguns.

I think Nick's a bit busy right now, but he did say that he wanted to do the custom cannon thing next, so this is awfully timely Big Grin
(2015-06-30, 12:56 AM)killkill85 Wrote: [ -> ]

The Hornet would benefit from a better cannon, or even a shotgun cannon.

I think if would be more effectiv it it shot a bit faster, with less AP and more HE.
If I recall correctly the cannon barrels do not have full azimuth or elevation, that should be fixed (if it isn't already).
And the missile on the back needs IFF.

EDIT: There's another major flaw that needs to be adressed, it needs propulsion balancing AI card. Whenever one of its 4 main jets gets knocked out it spirals down into the water.
Could we have an update on this thread please? Smile
I would love for desync to be reduced on MP. Where I see ships and where they really are is two different things right now.
gee, i still looking for cannons, i dont know what is GUI :/
GUI is Graphical User Interface.
Will you update this thread??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5