From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: reduce speed of onix watch tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the vehicle of onix Watch is too fast and for reduce it speed you just need to place an automated controller block and reduce the drive faction

sorry for my english
(2017-01-12, 04:58 PM)youpi ck Wrote: [ -> ]I think the vehicle of onix Watch is too fast and for reduce it speed you just need to place an automated controller block and reduce the drive faction

sorry for my english

I kinda agree, it shouldnt do too much harm if its decreased by abit.
It really doesn't suit their huge castle-tanks to be whizzing along at 60ms⁻¹. It would improve immersion (and possibly balance) if they moved at 10ms⁻¹ or even less.
Gotta go faster
I actually think it's ok, most of their vehicles are 10-30m/s which is acceptable, as speed is pretty important for survivability in AOTE, there's just a select few (Sentinel, and something else, Lucerne maybe?) that go 40+ which is a bit fast, although the sentinel is their 'scout tank' so it basically has to be that fast.
This has been discussed before. The reason why their speed hasn't been lowered is mainly because we don't want them getting stuck on terrain any more than jet-less tanks already tend to do.
If better ground vehicle physics get introduced, I wouldn't mind their speed being toned down, but for now I prefer them being fast rather than getting stuck more easily.
In all honesty, I hate every tank that goes over 20m/s
(2017-01-13, 04:00 AM)Zagskrag Wrote: [ -> ]This has been discussed before. The reason why their speed hasn't been lowered is mainly because we don't want them getting stuck on terrain any more than jet-less tanks already tend to do.
If better ground vehicle physics get introduced, I wouldn't mind their speed being toned down, but for now I prefer them being fast rather than getting stuck more easily.

To prevent blocking vehicle you can use an ACB being actvivated if the speed is less than .... m / s or if the vehicle pitch is more than .... set the drive faction to 1

sorry for my english