From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: [DWG] pretty average tank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a tank. It is relatively fast and not very durable, as the DWG should be. Not colored yet. Is something like this going to be accepted? (because I guess there might be enough DWG vehicles around already)
More pictures, because for some reason I couldnt finish the edit of the first post when trying to add them to it.
I think Dustwind Gipsies are full
Yeah, currently we're not looking for any additional submissions apart from the TG HQ. This might change in the future as AotE is still very much work in progress, so if you want to try your luck in the future keep an eye out for any announcements about an open slot or a replacement.
(2016-11-17, 12:36 AM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, currently we're not looking for any additional submissions apart from the TG HQ. This might change in the future as AotE is still very much work in progress, so if you want to try your luck in the future keep an eye out for any announcements about an open slot or a replacement.

For the HQ, what can it be on? only wheels and dediblades, or are PIDs allowed too? I would love to make a hovering mech, but I dont think I would like to use dediblades when I look at the Juggernauts "stability".
All of the above are allowed. However, if you want to go for a PID setup you need to make sure the design doesn't constantly hit the ground in the TG HQ RZ area due to the PID's lack of terrain height recognition. Most of the hovering designs in the campaign employ an ACB setup due to the varying height of the map, something which doesn't affect the HQs as severely due to them staying in one spot.

Also, you're going to be competing against the Juggernaut which currently holds the spot. Whatever you're designing needs to be better than it, especially in the looks department.
(2016-11-17, 07:25 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]All of the above are allowed. However, if you want to go for a PID setup you need to make sure the design doesn't constantly hit the ground in the TG HQ RZ area due to the PID's lack of terrain height recognition. Most of the hovering designs in the campaign employ an ACB setup due to the varying height of the map, something which doesn't affect the HQs as severely due to them staying in one spot.

Also, you're going to be competing against the Juggernaut which currently holds the spot. Whatever you're designing needs to be better than it, especially in the looks department.

Another question: I know that the size limit was 10-12k blocks, but is 12,5 k acceptable?
10-12k Volume, not blocks. Even then you should stay as close to the 12k limit as possible.
(2016-11-17, 10:25 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]10-12k Volume, not blocks. Even then you should stay as close to the 12k limit as possible.

Sorry, I meant blocks Big Grin

EDIT: I mixed up volume and blocks again. I did mean volume. Sorry for being stupid

My question is not relevant anymore anyway as I redid the base to be smaller. Now I have to make it look good too... I will probably fail miserably.