From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: [LH] Wild synapse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is a design for the LH:

[Image: nyp6fXI.jpg]
[Image: jPskD0v.jpg]
[Image: mG1ONmj.jpg]

Armament
  • 1*EMP PAC with 2 arms 30K DMG each

Defences
  • 8 shields with between 3~5 strength covering the front and sides hull & turet
  • 10 lams placed only on the turret, 606 pulsed dmg with 7ap
  • Armor is mostly alloy, with metal armor covering IA
  • No Ammo boxes, so no big internal explosion

Misc
  • speed is around 75m/s max
  • 1999 volume
  • 30K materials
  • use passive detection systems
You might want to update your post to show those pictures properly.

The thing itself is functionally okay but the only weapon is unreliable. Your PAC fires pure EMP, is slow and has a hard time hitting anything above 500 m. All the other PAC tanks use missiles but instead you could feed off that large LAMS for some physical damage.
The hovering is really wobbly and altitude 50 is really much for a "tank", and Lighting Hoods don't use external dediblades.
Three passive radars is also a bit excessive, you could replace two of them with retro-reflectors and laser designators.

Finally: It needs a heartstone and to lose the repairbots.
Thank you for the input
  • Removed the repair bots
  • add hearstone
  • remove side passive radars, replace them by retro-reflection detectors
  • remove some dediblades, to try to reduce wobly
  • reduce fly height, now to 40 (does the height of the map is 25 ? maybe can be reduced by 5~10 more)
  • cover the back dediblades

I also add a second blueprint (laser proto) where i have add a side laser, but he don't do that much. Most of the time the PAC disable the ennemy before the laser can do meaningful damage, maybe its only usefull against wood opponents ?

Edit
  • remade acb parameters
  • change thrusters position to avoid flipping
  • adjustements in the dediblades
(2016-10-19, 04:41 PM)newfr Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for the input
  • Removed the repair bots
  • add hearstone
  • remove side passive radars, replace them by retro-reflection detectors
  • remove some dediblades, to try to reduce wobly
  • reduce fly height, now to 40 (does the height of the map is 25 ? maybe can be reduced by 5~10 more)
  • cover the back dediblades

I also add a second blueprint (laser proto) where i have add a side laser, but he don't do that much. Most of the time the PAC disable the ennemy before the laser can do meaningful damage, maybe its only usefull against wood opponents ?

You don't have to set your altitude to an absolute. Instead of using "set X when altitude >Y or <Y" there are other options on the ACB such as "Altitude from ground/water level", which is most useful in AOTE as the ground levels have differences depending on the area.
Alright, checked this design in-game. Then I noticed the updated version, tested that one instead and rewrote the feedback. Oh well.

So it's a promising design in general: Very fast, glasscannony design which is right up LH's alley. There are some issues however:

-Needs a FCC
-The design is a bit blocky, and doesn't really fit into the typically sleek LH crowd. Try to implement typical LH aesthetics: Decoshields, ribbing, prongs and the like. Other designs for the faction should serve as a good guideline
-The LAMS, while a good addition per se, doesn't seem to do that much in the long run. If you need to sacrifice something to make room for additional volume, I suggest removing or at least reworking it

If you can change it to fit the faction aesthetics I'll give it another look.
  • reworked turret design
  • upgrade PAC
  • remove LAM
  • add FCC

I have put the PAC more in the hull so the turret can be lowered and less "blocky"
The total volume is now 1789

[Image: xyUg3Hb.jpg]
[Image: F1SlmjW.jpg]
[Image: 0WPOEfl.jpg]