From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Artificially lowering the DWG FP per vehicle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I guess the title is sort of self explanatory. if you were to make each of them have say, two thirds or half of their normal FP, and keep the rest of the system the same, you could quickly make the DWG a much greater threat, as it isn't really supposed to be a beginner faction like in Neter. You could possibly also buff them by adding fuses to the CRAMs, as an exception to the guidelines for the purposes of AotE.
also, if you were to replace, say half of the copperheads rounds (or all of them) with an inertial fused 1 degree cone angle frag (not sure if they have this, however judging by the explosion on death they probably don't) also if there was any way to add an ACB saying if object in front within 15 meters then set all propulsion components to either 0 or 0.1 to the front that would significantly reduce (if not completely prevent) collisions taking out its teammates and each other.

with all of these changes they could become a much more competent swarm faction, with legions of copperheads that actually do stuff swarming your tanks one by one, stopping at about 10 meters away and blasting it into oblivion, before moving on to the next one, would be quite interesting.

P.S. if Majyst or Baron are willing to commit such blasphemy... we could violate the no LUA rule for the copperheads (not sure if its already been done for them)
FPs are already lowered and DWG growth rate is being buffed.
There are also no rules against CRAM fuses in AOTE.

LUA will never see light in the main campaigns.
(2016-10-13, 09:37 PM)spookywaggon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I guess the title is sort of self explanatory. if you were to make each of them have say, two thirds or half of their normal FP, and keep the rest of the system the same, you could quickly make the DWG a much greater threat, as it isn't really supposed to be a beginner faction like in Neter. You could possibly also buff them by adding fuses to the CRAMs, as an exception to the guidelines for the purposes of AotE.
also, if you were to replace, say half of the copperheads rounds (or all of them) with an inertial fused 1 degree cone angle frag (not sure if they have this, however judging by the explosion on death they probably don't)

I agree with this bit.

(2016-10-13, 09:37 PM)spookywaggon Wrote: [ -> ]also if there was any way to add an ACB saying if object in front within 15 meters then set all propulsion components to either 0 or 0.1 to the front that would significantly reduce (if not completely prevent) collisions taking out its teammates and each other.

with all of these changes they could become a much more competent swarm faction, with legions of copperheads that actually do stuff swarming your tanks one by one, stopping at about 10 meters away and blasting it into oblivion, before moving on to the next one, would be quite interesting.

Personally, I think that the suicide role really suits DWG Copperheads, and they can certainly do a bit of damage if they explode near the juicier bits of your vehicle. That said, the Copperheads seem to do far more damage to their own team; when I test my tanks against DWG stuff in the vehicle designer, the fight usually begins with one or more Copperheads blowing up on the DWG vehicle...

(2016-10-13, 09:37 PM)spookywaggon Wrote: [ -> ]P.S. if Majyst or Baron are willing to commit such blasphemy... we could violate the no LUA rule for the copperheads (not sure if its already been done for them)

If I understand correctly, Lua has many issues which mean that it really doesn't belong in the campaign including increased file sizes, lag (?), and apparently it doesn't work at all for some people (Macs?).
(2016-10-13, 09:37 PM)spookywaggon Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I guess the title is sort of self explanatory. if you were to make each of them have say, two thirds or half of their normal FP, and keep the rest of the system the same, you could quickly make the DWG a much greater threat, as it isn't really supposed to be a beginner faction like in Neter. FP reduction is already Implemented, and both garrison sizes and fleet spawn rates were just increased by Majyst.

You could possibly also buff them by adding fuses to the CRAMs, as an exception to the guidelines for the purposes of AotE. Fuses are already allowed and implemented.

also, if you were to replace, say half of the copperheads rounds (or all of them) with an inertial fused 1 degree cone angle frag (not sure if they have this, however judging by the explosion on death they probably don't) also if there was any way to add an ACB saying if object in front within 15 meters then set all propulsion components to either 0 or 0.1 to the front that would significantly reduce (if not completely prevent) collisions taking out its teammates and each other. Copperhead has been fully reworked and isn't prone to ramming, exploding or bugging inside the ground anymore. New version should show up soon.

That's the plan, man.

P.S. if Majyst or Baron are willing to commit such blasphemy... we could violate the no LUA rule for the copperheads (not sure if its already been done for them)
[Image: OiUAveo.jpg]
(2016-10-13, 09:37 PM)spookywaggon Wrote: [ -> ]and maybe we could even commit blasphemy and violate the no LUA rule

(2016-10-13, 10:45 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ][Image: OiUAveo.jpg]

K.