From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: [TG] HQ "Lich"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a go at the TG HQ after posting that LH HQ but I got stuck with a far too small system. This week I doubled the amount of arm components and it's currently at 9915 in volume.

It's basically a laser based Seraph on land with a less durable body.

[Image: dVyswVw.jpg]

[Image: npiIfYa.jpg]

-Core holds the parts together and repairs them.
  • Str 5 shields at front.
  • To counteract "cease movement" function's incapability to turn towards a target, shuts down land AI and Air AI takes over turning while in close range.
  • Constant anti-laser miasma covering it's wheels.

-Arm parts are laser systems that detect targets and munitions.
  • 5k 2Q damage while on pure offense
  • 2 LAMS directly feeding off of the main laser.
  • Wavefront coder at 28%.

-Halo part shoots missiles, repairs and spins
Well, if it doesn't fit the bill here it can at least find employment in the Halloween event.

On a more serious note it's a solid design, with its only real flaw being its reliance on visual cameras which means it'll be blind at nights - other than that it fits the guidelines and is a serious threat in combat. As for its looks it's tad unorthodox for its faction, though we already have other oddballs like the Marabunta around so I personally have no problem with it.

If you fix the aforementioned detector issue I think it would be a fine choice for the slot, though I want to hear Majyst's opinion on the aesthetics before committing anything.
This is a cool unit, but it strikes me as being more of a pure combat unit than an HQ. The HQ is supposed to be where the enemy units are produced and I don't see any details that suggest that this is capable of producing a land-mech (not suggesting it should actually build one, since the torso parts aren't bp-spawnable). The disk on top could pass for a drone helipad but that doesn't seem to be enough for a land campaign faction HQ in my opinion. The other factions HQs devote at least some of their volume to detail and tend to actually look large enough to contain production facilities.
(2016-10-11, 03:28 PM)cheveyo877 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a cool unit, but it strikes me as being more of a pure combat unit than an HQ. The HQ is supposed to be where the enemy units are produced and I don't see any details that suggest that this is capable of producing a land-mech (not suggesting it should actually build one, since the torso parts aren't bp-spawnable). The disk on top could pass for a drone helipad but that doesn't seem to be enough for a land campaign faction HQ in my opinion. The other factions HQs devote at least some of their volume to detail and tend to actually look large enough to contain production facilities.

Sure, but I didn't exactly see why I should implement a cafeteria for drones and mechs.
The rear of the main body is rather empty and can be used to build some sort of struts, visible in most of the builder type TGs. spawning ground units behind the main hull is not the healthiest option, though, as the units will proceed to attack their mommy without regrets.
I had the thought of giving it a necromancy -update some time ago: I took the older Paladin mech (single piece), taking off it's legs, making it float around, giving it a little more ghastly paintwork and making the Lich spawn them directly in front of it.

The Lich is an amazing builder even in it's current form so all it needs is the BP spawner. Do those melee mechs in front and some flyers from the rear sound good?
Which flyers, by the way?