From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Certain key rebinds not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an unusual control scheme, i use SHIFT to jump/ascend.

problem 1: I have rebound "hold to replace" to SPACE, when i hold space and try to replace a block the "hold SHIFT to replace" text on the left side of the screen is lit up.
but i still need to hold SHIFT the replace blocks (because it also ascends me i need to press both at the same time and is very unreliable)

problem 2: there is no way to rebind the fact that SHIFT speeds you up in freecam mode (tab), this means that the fastest way for me move in freecam mode is to point my view 45 degrees down and hold W and SHIFT.

i've just dealt with these problems for over 400 hours now and it would make the game way more comfortable if they were dealt with :)
bump, this problem is still in the latest devtest.
Bumping again, still not solved after over 1 year of time.

Keybinds are not this hard folks.
(2017-12-18, 07:00 PM)Willie Fiddler Wrote: [ -> ]Bumping again, still not solved after over 1 year of time.

Keybinds are not this hard folks.

Welcome to Alpha...

Devs have said many times their focus is not to fix bugs unless they are major ones as the underlying code may very well change in the future due to the game being, well, in alpha stage of development. The focus is adding new features, not fixing minor inconvenience type bugs, as said fixing is made irrelevant with the underlying code potentially changing later.