From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: DWG 'Elite tank' Iguana
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came around to try my hand at creating vehicles for the campaign, this is the Iguana heavy tank.

It's somewhat inspired by the Tuareg with it's opening rear door and offset CRAM near the front. Has a few all purpose low-caliber guns and small missiles against small vehicles, for larger enemies, and packs a nasty CRAM and aforementioned offset cannon, larger missiles on the side against larger ones.

(additional lore etc)
After encountering and capturing a Steel Empire Ferdinand research vehicle, a gang of Dustwind mechanics decided to strip it of any fancy scientific equipment, hold it's crew hostage, and strapped on some salvaged armor, along with custom built weapons from old shipwrecked Deepwater nation ships. Along with a bunch of spare autocannons lying around their camp. It's now damned to roam the dunes serving as an assault vehicle.

[Image: TS2Uudg.jpg][Image: Big2FTq.jpg][Image: BzhnszQ.jpg]
[Image: pPlgRzY.jpg]
[Image: hSGrG2G.jpg]

*Elite tank in quotations
Checked it, feedback:

-Too tiny! DWG elite should be 6k+ volume
-Needs paint
-Munitions warners should be connected via AI connector blocks, not whole mainframes
-Needs a heartstone

Other than that I dig it. It looks really neat and I love the odd asymmetric design you've gone for. Interior detail also exquisite, and full walkability is always a plus. The biggest problem here is the volume, as it's really tiny for its role, being smaller than most regular OW submissions. If you can build a bigger version I'll have another look.
(2016-07-07, 04:56 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]Checked it, feedback:

-Too tiny! DWG elite should be 6k+ volume
-Needs paint
-Munitions warners should be connected via AI connector blocks, not whole mainframes
-Needs a heartstone

Other than that I dig it. It looks really neat and I love the odd asymmetric design you've gone for. Interior detail also exquisite, and full walkability is always a plus. The biggest problem here is the volume, as it's really tiny for its role, being smaller than most regular OW submissions. If you can build a bigger version I'll have another look.

I managed to assume the 2k volume limit applies to the enemy vehicles as well after looking through some of the other vehicles, I'll expand on it and probably give it a different name
Upgraded the vehicle but this is all I could do, just under 5.4k volume and added heart stone and replace munitions warners.
Some paint has been applied where it looks like it's needed as well.

Added way too many mid-range crams and some advanced cannons, and the "WarCraneâ„¢"

[Image: V9aKwt3.jpg]