From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: My opinion on the size limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright so the limit seems like a good idea but it's currently too low. I have to spam guncars to take down an enemy base which seems rather pointless. I'd much rather have a massive base fighting a massive base as there's so much more action! having two bases spawn in little units to fight with is so much fun but right now that's impossible as the 2000 limit stops me building a base comparable in capabilities to the factions' bases without making it entirely out of guns.

I think you guys should seek some advice from Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak. They have massive mobile bases that fight at long distances using smaller units to attack whilst they stay back. To me this makes more lore sense and it gives the game a stronger sense of strategy: "protect the HQ else they'll overwhelm you". Towards the end of the fight when you're running low on resources the bases move in as a last ditch effort to win which also makes lore sense as you would want to win but also to protect the base.

But that's just my opinion, a game based around mobile forts being attacked by a swarm of your units is just redundant and annoying. There is no strategy past "produce a thousand crappy units to kill their bigger unit" since we can't repair or re-purpose their bases either.
Block limit will not be changing.
If anything I would nerf the bases in size or strength if they are too difficult to destroy.
It is managable with this limit, but you better have most optimized designs or some cheesy tactics, or some clever strategy.
(2016-07-04, 08:46 AM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]It is managable with this limit, but you better have most optimized designs or some cheesy tactics, or some clever strategy.

cheesy strategy you say? how does ambushing enemies next to those huge rivers, then sending a helicopter with graviton ram miniguns to push them into the lake sound? cheesy enough? Tongue
Hahaha that sounds excellent. Got torpedo's to capitalise the exp bonus?
(2016-08-04, 01:59 AM)yay101 Wrote: [ -> ]Hahaha that sounds excellent. Got torpedo's to capitalise the exp bonus?

why not Big Grin
(2016-07-04, 01:57 AM)majyst Wrote: [ -> ]Block limit will not be changing.
If anything I would nerf the bases in size or strength if they are too difficult to destroy.
maybe make the initial fortress mobile and have a 4000 limit (and undestructable)
this probably isn't possible, but it would solve the problem of fighting too big enemies
Any exceptions to the volume limit for the player are simply put plain impossible to implement, so that ain't happening. They way it works allows no exceptions whatsoever, so the enemy bases couldn't even heal themselves above their volume limit (now that repair bots have been removed they don't heal at all).
Now is there any way in the files to remove the volume limit? For those players who want the land part of the campaign and not the volume limit.
(2016-10-15, 09:04 PM)RorstenHD Wrote: [ -> ]Now is there any way in the files to remove the volume limit? For those players who want the land part of the campaign and not the volume limit.

Yes it is possible, should i make AOTE edited campaign without the volume limit and then release it to the forums ?
Pages: 1 2