From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: [DWG]elite land plane
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here's an DWG land plane thing I've been working on
[Image: KRg7Mti.jpg]
[Image: lvOhdz2.jpg]
[Image: pOcTi87.jpg]

Edit:forgot to mention a few things
AA turrets on back are from ransack
has not been painted yet(not sure how to paint DWG)
have not tested it much
went by RF volume limit but is slightly below the minimum
Is that a landshark?

It's a goddamn landshark.

Alright, so I like the concept here. I wasn't really that sold originally but I think the vaguely fishlike appearance won me over. However as you said it's too small: The DWG elite should be around 5-10k volume range. I really can't take this as-is as it's only about the size of a regular OW design. If you're willing to build one I'd like to see a bigger version of this, as the whole turreted jet-powered landshark is too great a concept to pass on.

Other feedback:
-Paint, as you mentioned. Try checking some of the main campaign designs such as Marauder and Plunderer for inspiration
-Lacks propel, rudder & heartstone
-The frontal guns are mounted on 2-axis mantlets. While they look cool they have an extremely limit field of fire on the sides (or in this case up and down) and as it is the design can barely shoot anything in front of it
-The Ransack guns aren't loaded in the BP
-The frontal wheel-pods break every now and then. Might be fixable with a slightly different wheel setup?
made quite a few modifications
lengthened hull
redid wings,tailplane(has changed since screenshots were taken),jets,wheel pods and back due hull modifications
added 2 ACCs to hull,two on sides similar to ones in front.
painted the vehicle(paint job may have also changed since screenshots)
added flare system
replaced ransack turrets on tail plane with original turrets on front wings
replaced AA mantlet on front ACCs with 3x3 mantlet
volume is now 6000
added repair bots
[Image: vOU4wzz.jpg]
[Image: QBW89zb.jpg]
[Image: 2Zp9jZW.jpg]
[Image: OT2ONFW.jpg]

Edit:made some more modifications
made control room accessible
made slight paint changes
added more fuel

Edit 2:upgraded side ACCs

Edit 3:adjusted inertia fuse on ACC ammo and CRAM turret
did some update to the design:
AA guns now loaded with grav-ram HE
missile warners moved due update
added second set of wings
swapped ammo armor to metal
adjusted AI settings

screenshot is somewhat outdated but does show most of the changes from earlier versions
[Image: LFBi3cq.jpg]
moving changes listed on edits to new reply

reverted AA ammo and rotated the AA guns to point out the sides to make they don't rotate inwards and damage the vehicle
improved armor on main turret,control room,side ACCs,and ammo
added rams to front wheel pod to reduce collision damage
improved main jets
changed steering method(somewhat similar to a tank)
change main turret weapon to 340 mm ACC
[Image: GUTUlEJ.jpg]
moved changes listed on edits to new post
change side guns to 150x6 ACCs
added 5 block thing layer of armor between main ACC turret and side guns
improved custom jets
added ACC turret to hold vehicle together if main ACC turret explodes
added ammo ejectors to front and side guns
added more roll thrusters
moved PIDs to engine room
removed front AA guns
moved heartstone
added more rams to front wheel pods
improved armor in front and sides
did some changes to paint on lower wings
made an armored version that has increased armor around front,sides and main ACC turret,however this version does not have most of the changes

default version
[Image: mRyJkFE.jpg]
armored version
[Image: fGFY1zp.jpg]

EditConfusedwapped timed fuse on main ACC turret ammo to inertia fuse

Edit 2:updated with detection block
Now we're cooking. This is pretty much the ideal of what DWG is in this campaign: Fast and able to deliver ungodly amounts of dakka. Currently the only problem I really have with it is the latticework that keeps the wheels in place - the squirming mess of wood looks like something out of a TG design. It needs to be turned into something more, well, DWG-esque. Also I'd prefer if the tail-mounted guns would point forward by default, if only for aesthetic purposes.
(2016-07-07, 04:32 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]Now we're cooking. This is pretty much the ideal of what DWG is in this campaign: Fast and able to deliver ungodly amounts of dakka. Currently the only problem I really have with it is the latticework that keeps the wheels in place - the squirming mess of wood looks like something out of a TG design. It needs to be turned into something more, well, DWG-esque. Also I'd prefer if the tail-mounted guns would point forward by default, if only for aesthetic purposes.

made some changes based on this

redid the scaffolding connecting wheel pods to wings
rotated the AA guns to point forward
removed scaffolding connecting back set of front wheel pods to the back wheel pod
added more radiaters to engine
added 2 rods of heavy armor from engine room to tail
Edit:forgot to mention heavy armor has been added in front and behind the main ACC turret

Edit 2:replaced all heavy armor with metal
added some more fuel
replaced some wood around engine room with metal

Edit 3:redid the detection,now has 90 degree radar in all direction except down,gimbaled cameras on tail,90 camera on cram turret and 360 degree cameras on wings

Edit 4:made some changes to detection now has laser trackers and 90 degree cameras in all direction except up and down down(found 90 degree camera point up)

Edit 5:now has intra vehicle transmitter

Edit 6:replaced blocks with beams and made some changes to AI

Edit 7:adjusted the detection timing
removed timed fuse from AA ammo

Edit 8:added more fuel
removed unused AI components from tail

Edit 9:replaced more blocks with beams
made some more change to scaffolding
replaced laser trackers with radar trackers
added fire control computers to control room
[Image: FbMZDZY.jpg]
(DWG submission 5 is the later version)
made some changes to the design:
added second engine in front of main ACC turret to fix issues with vehicle running out of power when processing ammo
changed the AI to fix the vehicle ramming enemies
reduced top speed to 75-78 m/s by removing fuel injectors from custom jets,this is pretty much a nerf to the design,can be undone or reduced by adding more injectors to the custom jets