From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: TG Megathread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Lore: To be written.

The nascent Twin Guard AIs are one of the reasons of the civil war, and are backing up their newfound SE allies. Because youngsters are easily impressionable they've started copying humans, resulting in the iconic TG mechas. As such most of the designs should be humanoid killing machines (the other reason is because THEY'RE COOL HOLY CRAP.) The designs should also come in male-female pairs if possible. Only your imagination (and the volume) are the limit here otherwise, so go crazy.

Needed and Approved designs:

Small male mecha: Paladin
Small female mecha: Cleric
Large male mecha: Centaur
Large female mecha: Mare
Large male something: Gladiator
Large female something: Phalanx
Wild male: Brown Recluse
Wild female: Black Widow

HQ: Open, though the design must be superior to the Juggernaut which is currently holding the spot.
RF: Marabunta
Elite: Nemesis

The somethings can be mechas, but can be anything else TG would employ too. One or both of them should employ rarer weapons (PAC, railgun) and one can be a dronespammer. At least one design should have dedicated AA capability, either in form of weapons or being able to spawn fighter drones.

Considered designs:
None currently.
Working right now on Large Male & Female mechas. They will be based off the Shadow and Marksman but 2/3 the size to fit the volume requirement. They will share the same caterpillar base with the torso part mounted on a swivelling docking station. The base is finished, next up, the torso's.

[Image: cLn4wNg.jpg]
Looking good as usual. Have you thought of weapon choices yet?
(2016-05-12, 10:08 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good as usual. Have you thought of weapon choices yet?

Male will have a big gun in one hand, missile on the shoulders and missile counter-measures. More or less all-rounder armament. I am doing test to see if I can build him a giant handheld shotgun. Smile
Female will have LAMS and either offensive lasers or PAC. More of an AA platform.
Fast note about TG, if the Mech is 2 parts, then you actually get a volume count of 4k, 2k each part. So TG stuff could be bigger than anything because they are technically 2 ships.
(2016-05-13, 03:43 AM)Majyst Wrote: [ -> ]Fast note about TG, if the Mech is 2 parts, then you actually get a volume count of 4k, 2k each part. So TG stuff could be bigger than anything because they are technically 2 ships.

I wished I would have know that earlier. Undecided

4k vol count is about the size of the current Shadow and Marksman.
For the new mechs, I aimed at 2k volume base and torso combined. The base is just about 750 vol and by now, the torso is too well advanced for me to make it larger. So I guess it will end up on the small side.
That said, I could also just build a larger caterpillar base and mount a shadow/Marksman torso on top.

Should I start over?...
Why not do both? There are four spots open.
(2016-05-13, 04:00 AM)karbengo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-13, 03:43 AM)Majyst Wrote: [ -> ]Fast note about TG, if the Mech is 2 parts, then you actually get a volume count of 4k, 2k each part. So TG stuff could be bigger than anything because they are technically 2 ships.

I wished I would have know that earlier. Undecided

4k vol count is about the size of the current Shadow and Marksman.
For the new mechs, I aimed at 2k volume base and torso combined. The base is just about 750 vol and by now, the torso is too well advanced for me to make it larger. So I guess it will be more on the small side.
That said, I could also just build a larger caterpillar base and mount a shadow/Marksman torso on top.

Should I start over?...

Nope, smaller is good, so its not OP in comparison to other factions, just saying there is more wiggle room in TG if you build in the 2 part method.
wip mech

[Image: TSrNYjV.jpg]
Is the base, uh, based on some other design? It seems vaguely familiar.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6