From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Trees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who thinks that trees should be implemented in the game as a nice visual effect and as an obstacle for small land vehicles? Trees could be spawned in small clusters about sea level, at random, and they could be disabled on lower end machines. It would give land battles a better feel, and would even look better from ships near the shore or planes passing overhead.
no.....
Kelp forests, too.
Probably eventually. I wouldn't really worry about it until the land gets another few passes from the dev team.
(2016-02-11, 06:49 AM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]no.....

says the one who submitted a cube to the OW starting fortress design section...

Adding trees doesn't seem to time consuming, however I don't know lua. Based on my knowledge of other coding programs, a simple random spawning script could be used, and a single tree model could be used as well.
Unity seems pretty well fitted for trees, but if there is one thing that wrecks graphics performance, it's vegetation.
(2016-02-12, 01:30 AM)A Lemming Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-11, 06:49 AM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]no.....

says the one who submitted a cube to the OW starting fortress design section...

Adding trees doesn't seem to time consuming, however I don't know lua. Based on my knowledge of other coding programs, a simple random spawning script could be used, and a single tree model could be used as well.

Says 12 Yo who pretends to be old man and lemming at once

Trees are pointless, most land vehicles will just roll over them or get stuck in them

No, not now, maybe after land overhaul but this is another feature like research thing

A feature that will only 1/10 people use, since it will cause damage

Trees will destroy FPS

Research aka "Grinding and waiting" will crap on freedom of building
@mrvecs & a lemming: stop that it wont help...
Back to topic: yes, trees would be nice!
Maybe it could also be harvestable.
(2016-02-12, 06:47 AM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]Says 12 Yo who pretends to be old man and lemming at once

Trees are pointless, most land vehicles will just roll over them or get stuck in them

No, not now, maybe after land overhaul but this is another feature like research thing

A feature that will only 1/10 people use, since it will cause damage

Trees will destroy FPS

Research aka "Grinding and waiting" will crap on freedom of building

Sigh...
I'm suggesting this as a feature that will be interesting and pleasantly aesthetic.
You will not be forced to use trees. Nick can add them in later. Also, I did not ever say that this feature was a priority to add now. I simply wrote this post as a suggestion so that this could happen sometime in the future.

P.S. I'm 15 and currently procrastinating at doing an essay in one of the top ten pub. highschools in the U.S. Life is spaghetti.
Trees could be used as a regrowing natural recource giver.
Pages: 1 2 3