From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: [WF]Earth Raker Replacement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is a replacement for the unused Resource Fortress "Earth Raker"

It is in the Style of the "Iron Thorn" corporation as best I could.

It has 2 Giant spinning maces of doom that make this the most destructive ramming ship in WFs by far.

It can cut a Marauder in half in less than 5 seconds, and core the AI on a Warden in one pass with the Spinning maces alone.

It also has:
2 AA APCs
1 Fixed AP APC
80% coverage shielding 6-7strength
Couple flares

As usual, this will go in the game unless the community tells me there's something wrong with it, visually or functionally.
Sweet baby jesus that looks terrifying I love it.
Good god that thing looks nightmarish, I approve.
I'm gonna have to come up with something really creative if I'm going to make something more terrifying that this! Maybe crocodile type jaws that open and close?
I like the use of 3m mantlets as hub caps on the mace arms. Looks fancy.
Finally the WF are getting some love!
That's Lamb pretty. Terrifying. Pretty terrifying.

Say - your use of spinners makes me wonder.
Has anyone made a "Leviathan" type monstrosity? Something with lots of roatating a mouth full of super-torque-death drills inside it?

Inspired by something similar to [Image: Leviathin.jpg]?

I imagine it being programed to 'ram' vessels to the center of it's mass - but the center of it's mass being inside it's maw, then having ACB blocks closing said maw.

That...would be the stuff of nightmares. Best of in the 10s of thousands of blocks, lag could just add to the sense of inevitable doom.
(2016-01-20, 01:49 AM)Qes Wrote: [ -> ]That's Lamb pretty. Terrifying. Pretty terrifying.

Say - your use of spinners makes me wonder.
Has anyone made a "Leviathan" type monstrosity? Something with lots of roatating a mouth full of super-torque-death drills inside it?

Probably about 6 months ago there was a giant monster sub built, its was long like a serpent and had 4 jaw sections that opened and closed on the ship. It could pick up a marauder in its mouth. It had drills inside the mouth.
It was only manually controlled so it couldn't be used in game, but you can find it somewhere in the "Your own vehicles" section. It was some odd name, i dont remember.
---------------------

About the Earthraker, I spent like an hour just watching it tear through ships, its mesmerizing Smile

Lore: Named after a mythical Sea beast known as the "Earth Raker" in the Fictional Novels "Lost Earth". The Beast was said to be so great in size that with each stroke of its clawed flippers would leave scars in the ocean floor.
This ship is known to do the same thing in shallow waters and must be careful with where it goes.
A while back I found something called: The world eater, it was a large thruster craft that was like the one you described...ill find the bp and post it here if its okay. NOTE: I did not make the world eater.

http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...orld+eater

Nevermind, I found it. Big Grin
Yaaaaasssss
That.

That should get 'borrowed' and updated/installed as a new WF ship.
Or perhaps inspire a new version. Maybe invert the outside giving it a conical 'mouth'.

I wonder if something so designed could reach godly status.

It could use those LUA Kamakazi AI codes.
Pages: 1 2 3