From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Change stone to concrete
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While i am building buildings, i noticed that stone stats are somewhat very similar to Steel

Look

Stone beam
1320 HP
Armour 5
Weight 1.6
And does not conduct EMP
Does only cost natural

Metal Beam
1680 HP
Armour 10
Weight 1.6
Conduct EMP
And cost precious metal.

I would like to see more usage for this material, i barely see it in game

And the main reason, i belive why people dont like stone because its too ugly !

Change the texture to smooth concrete, so then every building material you gave us will have usage.
Although i do not think that the texture is the main reason people do not use stone i fully agree on the fact that it looks ugly and definitely needs improvement
Atleast changing to colour to something other than sandstone would make it more used, making the indevidual bricks larger would also make it more appealing. Stone is probably one of the most underused blocks in the game and having a change to that would be awesome.

Edit: I'd like to have both stone and concrete so don't miss understand me!

Edit 2: does anyone know the standard resolution for block textures?
(2016-01-01, 07:13 PM)ante185 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit 2: does anyone know the standard resolution for block textures?

When i was experimenting with organic matter blocks
And i asked Nick, he said that block texture resolution doesnt matter.
(2016-01-01, 07:21 PM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-01-01, 07:13 PM)ante185 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit 2: does anyone know the standard resolution for block textures?

When i was experimenting with organic matter blocks
And i asked Nick, he said that block texture resolution doesnt matter.

Well, he's both right and wrong; you can have what ever resolution you want for the texture and it'll work but if I use a resolution that's either way higher or lower than what all the other textures uses then it will stick out like a sore thumb.
would something like this, with bigger bricks be better for stone texture?

(720x720)
[Image: 6nXRsfA.png]
Maybe something like this would be better
[Image: 8eIEuYs.png]
(2016-01-04, 11:36 PM)ante185 Wrote: [ -> ]would something like this, with bigger bricks be better for stone texture?

(720x720)
[Image: 6nXRsfA.png]

This smooth one looks much better
Any normal/reflection maps for it?

Complain all you want about the current stone texture, but at least it's got proper normal maps.
(2016-01-01, 04:53 PM)mrvecz Wrote: [ -> ]While i am building buildings, i noticed that stone stats are somewhat very similar to Steel

Look

Stone beam
1320 HP
Armour 5
Weight 1.6
And does not conduct EMP
Does only cost natural

Metal Beam
1680 HP
Armour 10
Weight 1.6
Conduct EMP
And cost precious metal.

I would like to see more usage for this material, i barely see it in game

And the main reason, i belive why people dont like stone because its too ugly !

Change the texture to smooth concrete, so then every building material you gave us will have usage.
I'd like concrete, but it should have higher HP and should be heavier than metal blocks.
Pages: 1 2