From The Depths - Forum

Full Version: Horten Ho 229 [WIP]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: 54QzwqG.png]

[Image: qeTesST.png]

The middle is alloy because it had a steel framework for the body but wood for wings due to shortage of strategic materials.

It's pretty much 2:1 except for height

It doesn't have Lua or the aerial AI (also no transmitter on AI) even set up yet but I will work on it later.
The first stealth plane its pretty
Sexy.
make the blue bit glass and ill be mostly happy Wink to stop guns shooting them selves use mantles for now.
(2015-12-26, 10:46 AM)Tallon Warhawk Wrote: [ -> ]The first stealth plane its pretty

Never was a stealth plane.
Techniques......it is....... Because of its...... Low silhouette....it makes it..... Far harder for radar to receive pings back from it. Dunno why I wrote like that....
It had like 20% percent difference in the time i would take to be spoted and with its speed the british would have only two and a half minutes to respond to it.
Cha'ching!
(2015-12-28, 07:27 PM)Tallon Warhawk Wrote: [ -> ]It had like 20% percent difference in the time i would take to be spoted and with its speed the british would have only two and a half minutes to respond to it.

Which is about twice of the time they had to respond to an incomming Me 109 flying near sea/ground level due to worse radars in 1940 compared to 1944 Tongue

A proper Stealth plane is defined by it's ability to reduce it's detection range by 100 or 1000 times, not by 0.2 times.

I know the discovery documentary wanted it to be a stealth plane really bad, but despite all their tests the actual result was very small.
No it isn't the Ho229 would be spotted 20% (37% reduction in detection range of The british Radars of that time) latter than BF 109 with that its speed it would have been able to engage its target (Which I believe Was the radar stations) before getting intercepted, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be shot down latter one tho.

I would count that as stealth for that time, but nowadays i wouldn't be surprised if it showed up more than a F16.
Pages: 1 2 3